Saturday, March 5, 2011
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
This is a quick, healthy and delicious recipe I conjured up yesterday. Not an ounce of oil goes into this and eating it feels so nice....
All the ingredients except salt and pepper.
The ingredients are:
Spinach 10 oz
Tomatoes 1 - big in size
Jalapeno 1/2 - depends on taste
Grated Ginger Little for flavor
Grated Garlic Little for flavor
Goat Cheese Around 2 oz
1. Wash the spinach throughly with cold water. Boil spinach for 5 min. Food aficionados can get rid of the stems, I prefer eating it as it is so did not cut the stems.
2. Once boiled strain the hot water and give a cold water wash immediately this will ensure that spinach does not looses its green color. This is called blanching. Once done drain all the water and put the spinach in a bowl.
3. Dice 1 big tomato, jalapeno (as per taste), grate a garlic clove and ginger (same size as the clove).
4. Mix all these together.
5. Add lemon, some salt and pepper and then goat cheese.
6. Mix gently and leave for 5 - 10 min, this will melt the goat cheese and help in cooking of garlic and ginger!!!
See the freaking color of spinach - even after boiling it is so green. The white soup at bottom is dangerously delicious.
- Goat cheese is very soft so add it in the end.
- If you have problem eating raw garlic and ginger you can boil it with spinach.