Sunday, October 10, 2010

What is Yoga - 1



Yoga is a technology to bring the mind to the moment. Yoga means now you are ready not to move into the future. Yoga means you are ready now not to hope and encounter the reality as it is. Unless this moment comes..... we can go on doing asanas, postures; that is not yoga. The postures are just one part. Yoga is an inward turning, you start moving within – because your being is here and now, it is not in the future and you have all possible resources now to live to the fullest. 


Yoga is very scientific as it has nothing as far as belief is concerned; yoga doesn’t say to believe in anything. Yoga says experience. Just like science says experiment, yoga says experience. Experience is an inside experiment. No belief is required, no faith is needed –You will come to the truth, but not through belief, but through your own experience, through your own realization. 

Because right now as we are, it is nothing but - ChaosYoga is a discipline, means yoga wants to create a crystallized center in us. As we are, we are a mob within us. I have been observing  for the last few weeks.


I decide to get up early in the morning. And when the alarm sounds somebody in me says, ”Don’t bother. It is cold outside, it is overcast, it is early. And why are you in such a hurry? Lets do it tomorrow.” And I fall asleep again. When I get up I feel bad. And I think, ”This is not good. I should have done it.” I decide again that ”Tomorrow I will do;” and the same thing happens tomorrow because early morning the one who promised is no more there, somebody else is there.
This is a live example of living life as chaos, a crowd. Yoga means now you will have to be a harmony,
you will have to become one. A crystallization is needed; a centering is needed. Everybody wants it, but you cannot ask. You have to earn it! That is why to achieve it a certain discipline is needed. A disciple is a great achievement. All discipline of yoga is an effort to make a person a master of him/herself. As we are slave of many, many desires. Many, many masters are there, and we are just a slave – and pulled in many directions.

Yoga is discipline, a discipline to change oneself.
What are the various components of Yoga, I will discuss in the next post. And I will wake up early tomorrow (6 am - DONE DEAL...-:)
Good Day
Anurag

No comments:

Post a Comment